Watermelon is the quintessential fruit for the summer. You can see it everywhere whether it is a picnic or backyard parties etc. but do you it has several healthy benefits as well. Watermelon is one of a delicious and refreshing fruit which is like by everyone. Check out the top eight health benefits of eating watermelon in summer.
- Keeps you hydrated: As we all know, watermelon contains 90% water which helps you in keeping your body hydrated. You are eating god volume of food without containing so many calories as watermelon is the combination of water and fiber.
- Contains Several nutrients: As watermelon is one of the lowest in calories (46 calories per cup) which is lower than low sugar fruits such as berries but at the same time, it contains several other nutrients as well. Vitamin C: 21% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI),Vitamin A: 18% of the RDI, Potassium: 5% of the RDI, Magnesium: 4% of the RDI, Vitamins B1, B5 and B6: 3% of the RDI
- Prevent Cancer: Several researchers say that lycopene and other individual plant compounds present in watermelon helps in prevent cancer. Not only this, cucurbitacin presents in watermelon has the ability to inhibit tumor growth.
- Improves heart health: Several nutrients in watermelon helps in lowering the risk of heart attack and stroke by reducing blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Lycopene helps in reducing the stiffness and thickness of artery walls. Other nutrients such as vitamin A, B6, magnesium and potassium are also good for your heart.
- May lower stress: Watermelon is rich in anti-inflammatory antioxidants lycopene and vitamin c as I have already mentioned above. Inflammation is a key driver of many chronic diseases.
- Prevent Macular Degeneration: Watermelon helps in reducing age-related macular degeneration also. It is basically a common eye problem which is responsible for causing blindness in adults.
- Helps in relieving muscle soreness: Citruline is one of an amino acid which is present in the watermelon reduces muscle soreness. Several studies also say that cutruline absorption is most effective when it is consumed as a component of watermelon juice.
- Good for skin and hair : Vitamin A and C available in watermelon is good for skin and hair. Vitamin C helps your body make collagen and keeps your hair strong. Vitamin A is important for healthy skin and repairs skin cells.